Friday, December 03, 2010

Letter to President of DRC From Wife of Floribert Chebeya

To: The President of the Democratic Republic of Congo

At Kinshasa Gombe

From: Annie Mangbenga Nzinga

Floribert Chebeya’s widow

Object: Open letter to Mr. Joseph Kabila, President of the Democratic Republic of Congo

Five months after the assassination of my husband Floribert Chebeya Bahizire and the disappearance of his companion Fidele Bazana Ededi, driver, and member of “la Voix des Sans Voix pour les droits de l’homme”, abbreviated as (VSV), I am writing this letter to remind you that after the announcement of the assassination of Floribert Chebeya Bahizire, my late husband, assassinated by the services of the National Congolese Police, especially the General John Numbi Tambo and his juniors on june2, 2010, you sent me your Special Advisor on Security Mr. Pierre Lumbi, who asked me what I wanted you to do for me. Mr. President, my answer is this: “tell the Head of State that he has the power and he knows how to stop and punish the murderers of my husband.” I confirm that it is General John Numbi who killed him because he had an appointment with him; I spoke with him on the phone while he was waiting in front of his office door the night of his assassination.

The only thing I want is clarification and truth on the assassination of my husband and the disappearance of Fidele bazana. Mr. President, through your Advisor you reassured us at the funeral that you will use all your authority to stop all those guilty, judge and punish them. This trust and assurance is what my children and I are waiting for you. I share the message that you sent to me with journalists all over the world, with Congolese, with defenders of Humans Rights, with diplomatic missions, and with people all over the world. Nowadays, men, women, children, young and old, all have an eye on Chebeya’ case and are waiting for the truth because Floribert Chebeya was a citizen of the world. He wasn’t just our property, but he belonged to everyone because of the work that he did.

During the first appearance of the defendants which took place on Friday, November12, 2010 at Kinshasa, in front of a purpose-built military court, it was more than indignation and anger which killed us when we saw that Mr. John Numbi, whom I cite day and night as the murderer of both my husband and Fidele Bazana, was absent in the bench of the guilty to serve as a witness. For the credibility of our institutions in the world, I will please ask you Mr. President to personally make sure that this trial ends well and that Mr. John Numbi is arrested along with all the guilty so that we will have justice and transparency. We don’t need to be in favor of impunity, which was Floribert Chebeya’s fight during his life.

To end, Mr. President of the Democratic Republic of Congo, abbreviated as (RDC), please bans from speaking your minister of information Mr. Mende Omalango for his words which are able to injure the broken hearts of Congolese and to tell lies. My children and I left the country because we had the support of diplomatic missions, of Non Governmental Organizations of human rights, of partners of “la voix des sans voix.”, of good willed people that I sincerely thank and greet for helping us to move.

Triumph to truth!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home